Thursday, February 6, 2014

Delighting in Obedience ~

I still feel like the scales define me.  I have lost 8lbs in the past three weeks.  This has been because of eating more fruits and vegetables, less gluten and carbs.  I messed up on Tuesday and had a meal that had orzo in it. I was told it is really good.  Well it was and to my disappointment it was pasta.  It sent me into a carbohydrate crash.   Ladies stay away.  It is not gluten free! 



Well I ended up having chili that night that was low fat, black bean, and rich in tomatoes.  I so tried to stay on track. (Notice I not God)  I then did a newsletter that took way to long and didn’t spend time in the word and with God like I normally do. In other words I was not being obedient to my true Master. I just went to bed.  Woke up the next day and had to weigh myself. 
Uggg! Gained two pounds. I stepped backwards in my journey and became that number on the scale.  I haven’t even read chapter 8 yet because I feel guilty that I haven’t been following my plan or God’s plan.   I have weighed myself for the past two days. My obedience has been to the scales. I hate scales.  I hate being defined by a number.  I think if I had an accountability partner I would be better.  But….. NOW how do I change it my thinking.  WELL, getting back to my Lord with prayer, reading my Made to Crave book, and reading my go to scriptures.  I don’t have this God does.  My encouragement to others is put it back at our Lord’s feet.  I always pick up my burdens and want to fix them on my own but this one he is going to have to fix.  That means that I need to every morning say a prayer to my Lord.  “God you know I struggle with eating healthy and in a way that glorifies you. Let me be obedient to you Lord and not food! Help me today to take your guidance and love.  Let my eating glorify you!  In  your son’s precious name Jesus Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andi,
    May I suggest you don't beat yourself up over this mistake? I think it's perfectly normal to slip up occasionally - and this time you didn't do anything wrong! It was the person who didn't tell you that orzo was pasta! You were very sincere.

    Remember, too, you're not battling with the scale, you're battling with Satan. That's the Lord's battle, so when you give it over to Him He will give you the strength to be obedient. (2 Chronicles 20:15)

    Also, I recommend you put on your armor. This will remind you that God is in control. (Ephesians 6: 10-18)

    I am a sinner who needs these same reminders. I forget [or refuse] to ask God for help more often than I'd like to admit.
    Also, I don't get on the scale more than once a week...

    I'm praying you will feel God's peace, and allow Him to shower you with His love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move forward, sweet friend! Don't let guilt eat you away! And I love this statement, "I don't have this, God does." Amen and amen. Thanks for sharing!
    Lauren, P31 OBS blog hop team

    ReplyDelete