Thursday, January 30, 2014

Identity Statements - How God sees me!

When I see myself, I see my failures and shortcomings.  I see that I am a woman who has had circumstances shape who she is and not what she is.  I have let my past dictate me.  Not anymore! Lysa Terkeurst says in her book Made to Crave that God defines us not who we are and where we come from.  I so like that and look forward to learning more about myself when it comes to how God sees me.

Andrea the forgiven child of God. (Romans 3:24) - by his grace through Christ Jesus.

Andrea the set-free child of God. (Romans 8:1-2)-because the Spirit's law of life in Jesus Christ has set me free from the law of sin which is death.

Andrea the accepted child of God. (1 Corinthians 1:2)-because I am sanctified in him. I have brothers and SISTERs all around this world.

Andrea the holy child of God. (1 Corinthians 1:30)-Jesus gave me God-given wisdom--my righteousness, sanctification, and redemption in order that I may boast in the Lord.

Andrea the made-new child of God. (2 Corinthians 5:17)-because I am in Christ, I am a new creation; old things have passed away (or should be passed away), and look for new things to come.  

Andrea the loved child of God. (Ephesians 1:4)-for he chose me before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

Andrea the close child of God. (Ephesians 2:13)-I was far away but now because of Jesus blood I can be closer to God.

Andrea the confident child of God. (Ephesians 3:12)-my faith in Him gives me boldness and confident access through faith in Him.


Andrea the victorious child of God. (Romans 8:37)-I am only victorious because he loves me.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I do the same thing with scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made every example personal by using your name. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great identity statements. Thanks for posting. Glad you're on this journey with us.
    Carla Pollard
    OBS Blog Hop Team
    www.carlagpollard.com

    ReplyDelete