Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Raging Battle ~ Food etc.

A Raging Battle ~ 

I battle with Satan on a continue basis like all of God's children.  There are temptations for me at every turn.  They are food, clothing, and cigarettes to name a few. Each of these also destroy me in someway physically, emotionally, spiritually.  Each of these I am working on or collectively you might say in the current bible study I am doing called Made to Crave.  God made us to crave Him!!  I have managed to let so many other things be my center and not him.

Food of course is a big one.  It is my go to for almost everything.  When I am sad, I want to eat.  When I am happy, I want to eat.  When I see a friend eating something I know that is good, I want to eat.  I love the taste of food.  Nothing is wrong with that but when it overpowers your will to serve God, then it is a problem.  When it makes you physically sick because you are overweight and can't barely walk on your knees anymore because you are so fat, it is a problem.  I want to change this and hope with my current bible study I will find the tools to help me be on the right path.  

Clothing kind of goes along with the food.  I like looking nice.  I mean who doesn't.  I go overboard with it though.  I find excuses to buy something.  Oh it is on sale, or I have gained so much weight I need new clothes, or you name it I have used it.  I also get a enjoyment when I shop and it gets my mind off my problems and an escape.  I need to deal with those feelings with the help of God and not monetarily.

Cigarettes....They have been my go to for when life gets rough. Well folks life will always be rough.   Started at 13 and have been smoking on and off.  I am now 37.  That is 24 years.  Wow putting it in words makes me almost sick.  I smoke to calm down, to deal with stress, and to again escape and think about how to fix something.  I know that this is something I need to bring to God's feet.  When I need to escape or deal with stress, I need to go to him.  

What I want to get out the next few weeks isn't an easy fix.  I want to deal with my problems and through them and move on with the help of the Lord.  I might not be able fix all of what I crave besides the Lord, but I hope to find the tools, verses, and prayers that I can use with the help of my Lord.  Will you join me?

Thanks for reading.  

3 comments:

  1. Emotions do play a part, don't they? I know they do for me.

    I'll see you on the next blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, I am right there with you on this journey to "crave God" more and food less. Stay Empowered!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing. I am just like you about food... rationalize it and use it as an excuse. Eat when I'm bored, when I'm sad, when I'm happy, when I'm stressed...
    Praying for all of us on this journey as we become more #Empowered and learn to #CraveGod.
    Lauren, P31 OBS blog hop team

    ReplyDelete